In MyRent ™ the fleet must be configured by categories or by Groups, in this way the booking, the rental agreement and/or the movement can be combined with either a license plate or a Groups.
In order to configure the fleet, I can
- use the ACRISS standard codes (ACRISS utilise an industry standard vehicle matrix to define car models ensuring a like to like comparison of vehicles. i.e. MINI, COMPACT, ECONOMY…)
- or I can assign codes according to my management needs.
Vehicles belonging to the same group will have:
- the same daily rate
- the same price as the optionals applied
- the same security deposit applied
For example, if the car rental has a category B of similar vans with the same security deposit, the same cost of optionals but different daily rate (for example some at € 80/day and others at € 90/day),
I will have to create two categories, for example, B1 at 80 €/day and B2 at 90 €/day.
HOW TO CREATE A GROUP
- Path: CONFIGURATION > Fleet > Vehicle class > New
On the CREATE GROUP screen, fill in the required fields from the Group tab:
- Macro class is used to unify the groups in a microcategory i.e. Cars and Vans
- Special Group by putting the flag, in case of unavailability of a vehicle in a given location, MyRent™ will search if there is a vehicle of the same category in the same Region
- International Code means the ACRISS code: or the NATIONAL CODE that is how I decide to call that group of vehicles.
- National Code is the internal code.
- Description is the description of the Group, i.e. Toyota Corolla
- Web Description is the name published on Booking
- Damage Excess are the maximum amounts payable by me
- Theft Excess are the maximum amounts payable by me
click on Create
HOW TO MODIFY a GROUP:
- click on the ID of the INTERNATIONAL CODE and open the tab
- click on the Edit button at the bottom and make the changes I want
- click Update
In the Wireframe Image I can load the standard image of the type of vehicle group.