The Reservation Source represents the “source” that procures the rental agreement;
It allows you to apply a different price list in relation to the way the rental request arrived at the renter, i.e. the contract comes from the web, from the Tour Operator or directly to the desk, etc …
In order to issue a Rental Agreement or a Reservation, I have to create a Reservation Source which is in fact a configuration of price lists,
only by selecting a Convention will MyRent™ be able to understand which Rate to use.
Path: RATE > Reservation Source > Create New
HOW TO CREATE A NEW RESERVATION SOURCE:
- Click on New
- The screen show the following tabs:
- Source Details: I define the settings of the Reservation Source, giving it a name (Description)
- in the Invoice to field: if the reservation is prepaid and will have to be invoiced to a third party, such as a Tour Operator, I will enter the Tour Operator to whom the invoice will be issued and who will then pay the rental for the prepaid fee.
- Other particular fields present in this tab (which can be ignored):
- Group Upgrade Schema automatic upgrade scheme management (e.g. group C is not available automatically assigns Group D or Group E to be applied to the Tour Operator)
- Location Network it is used to restrict a contract to a specific location or network if you have them
- Rental Type it is used to distinguish Reservation Source by macro categories.
The field Allow discounts:
- if enabled, Operators with the permit will be able to apply the discount to the rate that will derive from this agreement,
- if it is not enabled, the price determined by this Reservation Source cannot be discounted by the Operators.
In case of seasonal Reservation Source, by clicking on Allow season change, the software will calculate the rate accruals spanning two seasons: if the option is not enabled, the software will take the rate in effect at the time of the pick-up date.
The Show all optionals and Optional sold at Desk (not prepaid) options can be applied for XML engines and therefore for booking and Tour Operators.
In the Rate Setting tab depending on the Reservation Source applied, we will tell the software to apply a specific Rate.
Other Reservation Source on the screen:
- Reservation Source When Prepaid: when the customer buys extras in addition to the prepaid, the software takes these costs from another convention which is the external price list
- Rate when prepaid exceeded: if the Reservation Source for the extras is not specified, is specified the rate.
- Payment for new reservations: serves to specify the payment method for Extras
- Reservation Source Last Minute: Is Virtual is checked when we want the rates to be generated from the price lists specified in the Reservation Source Master
It is possible to create Reservation Source and use the validities set on a virtual Reservation Source. This function is very useful in case you have a standard price list/validity configuration that is used for multiple Tour Operators.
Instead of replicating/duplicating the source by changing only the name or the “invoice to” field, it is possible to use one source as a master (it will be used to find the correct price list according to the validity set) and many sources as virtual (in which all will be set the fields except for the price lists validity table).
In this case, except for the validities, the other information will be retrieved from the virtual source.
The virtual source must have set the “Master Reservation Source” field (second tab).
You can select different rates to be associated with a Reservation Source depending on the season and location.
In Offer start, Offer end you can set the ”saleability” of the rate (therefore check the booking date and not the check out date. Specify the moment in which the rental is sold). To apply a certain price list before the start of the season it is necessary that the beginning of the season ≠ the start of the offer and the start of the offer must precede the start of the season.
At the beginning of the season, the end of the season, the seasons (high season, low season) can be defined according to the check in / out date of the reservation. (Specify the time when the rental actually takes place).
If the price list is always applicable, you can enter 01/01/2000 as the start dates and 31/12/2100 as the end dates.
Example with seasons only:
This example assumes the creation of a Reservation Source with three seasons and therefore three different price lists and an offer that is always valid for two years.
For the first Rate there will be: Offer start 01/01/2015 Offer end 31/12/2016; Start of season 02/04/2015 End of season 30/06/2015.
For the second Rate: Offer start 01/01/2015 Offer end 31/12/2016; Season start 01/07/2015 End of season 31/08/2015.
For the third Rate: Offer start 01/01/2015 Offer end 31/12/2016; Season start 01/09/2015 End of season 01/04/2015.
Later it will be necessary to change the start and end dates of the season for the following year.
Example with seasons and sale offers:
In this example, you have an offer that is valid only for one period: the summer.
for the first price list (High season) there will be: Offer start 01/01/2015 Offer end 07/31/2015; Season start 07/01/2015 Season end 07/31/2015
for the second (Last minute): Offer start 01/08/2015 Offer end 31/08/2015; Season start 01/08/2015 End of season 31/08/2015.
It is possible to associate a location to the price list by selecting the location within the list card itself.
In User Access it is possible to enter the users authorized to use that Reservation Source.
In Discount Setting I can set extraordinary discounts on this convention:
The Reservation Sources are encoded by the dealer or renter and depend on the channel through which the Reservation arrives
for example, there will be bookings that arrive from the web, from the Tour Operator from external rental) so the Convention can have one or more Price Lists within it.
Reservation Sources can mask the complexity of managing the rules articulated in identifying the rate, for example having a Price List that changes depending on the location, season or channel.
It is therefore important to enter the Reservation Sources in the configuration phase.